Monday, August 9, 2010

Ya'll don't know this CALL...

Assalamualaikum and Greetings to all...

Yup. This is my first entry in this blog. I also admit, yes, I enjoy writing because writing is a great way of expressing this you can't express through other ways.

In this blog, I will share a bunch (sounds like a lot, huh) of insights I have and will have in the area of CALL, especially those I attain from my course: TSL641. Ah! You must be wondering what CALL is... :-)

Nope, it has nothing to do with this:


hehe....

Let me tell you...

CALL here is: Computer- Assisted Language Learning,

... which is a form of computer-based learning which carries two important features: individualized learning and bidirectional learning. It is not a method. CALL materials are materials for learning. The focus of CALL is learning, and not teaching. CALL materials are used in teaching to facilitate the language learning process. It is a a form of student-centered learning materials, which promote self-paced accelerated learning.

..SO...anything that has to do with teaching materials produced from a computer...that is CALL for ya! :-)


Book definition (snore):

Any process in which a learner uses a computer, and as a result, improves his or her language. (Beatty, 2003, p.7)

No comments:

Post a Comment